I also made a yummy avocado soup that is delicious either hot or cold. And it didn’t taste anything like guacamole. Here’s how I did it…
- 1 bouillon cube (I used chicken), dissolved in ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup plain (unflavored) yogurt
- 1 super ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Onion powder and salt to taste
I pureed all of these in the blender while adding milk until it was a silky smooth soup consistency (somewhat like a bisque or tomato soup, not like “cream of” soup or chowder).
I added a sprig of fresh cilantro for garnish and a bit of flavor. I heated it up the first time, then ate the leftovers cold right out of the fridge. It was good both ways, though I ended up adding a sprinkling of sugar to it when I ate it cold.
Variations on the theme:
- I bet this would also make a good salad dressing or sauce for chicken.
- A bit of cumin and chili powder could give it a kick if you wanted.