By Stevi & Kelly
- Warm Sliced Roast beef – use warmed deli slices, or pre-cooked roast beef chunks (sliced), or roast beef slices in gravy (you can probably find one or all of these at Walmart).
- Sliced Pepper of your choice – I prefer orange or yellow bell peppers because they’re mild & slightly sweet. Go with chili peppers or jalapenos for a kick.
- Sliced Mushrooms (regular or Portobello) – I’m a fan of the Portobello mushroom because it is meatier. It’s really up to you.
- Sliced Onions – once again, I prefer red onions for their sweeter taste. Go with white onions if you prefer.
- Sub Sandwich Roll
Sauté the peppers, mushrooms & onions in the butter
How to sauté: heat the butter in a small skillet or pan
when it’s good & hot, add the veggies
watch out for pops & spatters
stir frequently to fully coat veggies & prevent burning
cook until they’re as soft as you want them.
- Layer meat & veggies on the roll.
- If your meat came with gravy, drizzle it on the meat
- Enjoy your hot & steamy sammich.