- 1 cup tomato sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- 1 1/2 Tbls. barbecue sauce (or more spaghetti sauce)
- 1 Tbls. sugar
- 1 1/2 Lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 Tbls. all purpose flour (or bread crumbs, or crushed crackers)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder (or 1 Tbls. Dried minced onions)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- dash garlic powder
- Combine tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine beef and all but 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture with your hands.
- Mix in remaining ingredients with your hands.
- Form the mixture into a loaf and place in a loaf pan.
- Bake, covered, in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and drain fat from the pan.
- Slice the meatloaf while still in the pan.
- Drizzle the reserved tomato mixture evenly over the meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for an additional 30 minutes, or until cooked through.