Facebook meme going around like wildfire.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. I write fanfiction. It’s published online. People actually read and subscribe to my stories. Kind of weird actually.
2. I unless I’m feeling really hot or really cold, I prefer my beverages room temperature.
3. If I had to choose one item of food that I had to eat every day for the rest of my life, I’d choose rice.
4. The top joints in both of my pinky fingers are misaligned. It’s actually a genetic trait from my dad’s side of the family and all of my relatives have it.
5. I have played violin since 3rd grade, took up clarinet in 8th grade, viola in 11th grade, have dabbled in piano and guitar, and am currently learning mandolin.
6. I auditioned for the International Dream Team of Puppetry in high school. Didn’t make it.
7. I have, and still wear, a pair of paddock boots I bought for horse camp in 7th grade. I mostly wear them to renaissance festivals now.
8. I am terrified to speak Spanish.
9. I would love to work in the art or special effects department of a film. I have a particular interest in digital grading. Weta, if you’re hiring….
10. I love jelly beans. I love chocolate too, but I have access to chocolate all the time. I don’t get enough jelly beans. If someone wants to get me some candy, make it a bag of Jelly Bellys (the best kind of jelly bean by far). Watermelon is one of my favorites, as well as toasted marshmellow, black licorice and popcorn.
11. I hate the feel of newsprint. When I was a kid, and we had to write or draw on newsprint, I would hold my hand above the paper to avoid touching it. I still pretty much hate it. It gives me goosebumps.
12. My cat is named for Matt Morginski (Mojo), former lead singer of the O.C. Supertones. The cat I had before him was named for Toby McKeehan (TobyMac) formerly of DCTalk, now a solo artist.
13. I am a genealogy nut, and have researched some of my family lines back to the 1500s in Wales and England. Most branches of my family tree were living in North America by the time of the American Revolution. In the Davis family line, the name Ivan (or variations thereof) has been used repeatedly for 500 years.
14. I currently subscribe to 219 feeds on Google Reader.
15. I’ve been on 20 mission trips. 10 have been to Latin America. 6 have been to Honduras. 4 have been to Choluteca. My rough estimate is that I’ve spent about 32 weeks on mission trips of one kind or another.
16. My name in Quenya (one of Tolkien’s Elvish languages) is Rine Atanoniel. I am a big nerd.
17. Speaking of my name, it’s Stephanie René. Stephanie is Greek and means “crowned.” René is French and means “reborn.” I was named after my dad, Stephen Ray.
18. I came to MU on the fast-track to Vet School. I was an Animal Science major for 3 years. My senior year, I loaded up my schedule with Linguistics and Spanish classes so I could get an Interdisciplinary degree in all three areas. I wasn’t able to finish up, due to schedule conflicts, and had to come back for a summer to take 2 classes and finish my capstone.
19. I am allergic to mangoes and mango trees.
20. Four generations of my family have attended First Baptist Church in Ferguson, Missouri. My great-grandparents were charter members.
21. I was a hard-core Trekkie in junior high. It’s really kind of embarrassing. But it could be worse, I could have been into Star Wars (blech).
22. My first car was a 1994 Ford Escort Station Wagon named Little Red. My dad bought her when I was a Freshman in college, and drove her for two years, until I moved off campus and he gave her to me. She made the epic journey to Texas for OneDay in 2003. She finally died in 2006, just days before my wedding.
23. I worked in a Day Care for a year, and came to LOVE 1 and 2 year olds. Previously, my favorite age group was 3-4 year olds. I still don’t really like babies. They just aren’t as cute as people seem to think they are.
24. I have my own “channel” on YouTube. Check out my playlists. http://www.youtube.com/user/steviferg
25. I was supposed to go to bed 2 hours ago.