Makes about 3 dozen miniature pasties.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1 lb. can pumpkin (or 2 cups fresh, roasted in the oven then pressed through a strainer to save your Pumpkin Juice to drink!)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 2/3 cups evap. milk (1 can)
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 9 oz pie crust pastry (enough for two single standard pie crusts)
- Bake the pie filling only (no crust) in a large casserole dish in hot oven (425 degrees) for 15 minutes. Keep oven door closed and reduce temp to moderate (350 degrees F/180 degress Celsuis)
- Continue baking for 45 minutes or until table knife inserted in center of dish comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Make or purchase pie crust pastry. Roll thin and cut into circles approx 4″ in diameter.
- Put a spoonful of the cool pumpkin mixture towards one side of the center of the circle.
- Fold over the crust into a half-circle and firmly crimp the edges closed.
- Slice three small slits in the top for venting,
- Place on a greased cookie sheet,
- Bake only until crust is a light golden-brown.
Great served at room-temperature, then you don’t have to worry about your guests possibly burning their mouths from the steaming hot pumpkin inside! 🙂