Serves 12 (with leftovers)
- 1 box (2 envelopes) Stuffing mix -NOT the cornbread kind, the regular bread kind
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (14.75 oz.) can chicken broth (you won’t need the whole thing—as needed)
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients except the chicken broth. Toss everything together.
- Add a little chicken broth a bit at a time to get a soft texture. You will use about a quarter of a cup of chicken broth or maybe a little more, depending on how dry your dressing is. You want it moist, not drenched. Save any remaining broth for the gravy.
- Place dressing in a casserole dish to be baked later at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.