A friend of mine (hey Amy!) asked for some interesting bean recipes. So I went looking. I’ve been looking for more protein-heavy meals that I can cook on the weekends and take for lunch during the week, and this challenge coincided nicely.
I’ve got a handful of bean recipes, and a few non-bean recipes, went grocery shopping today (Aldi, Walmart and HyVee – that was some hardcore shopping), so I’m ready to rock and roll. As I test each recipe, I’ll post it here and let you know how it went.
- Calico Beans (Inspired by Shiloh)
- Empedreado (Gravel Salad)
- Casablanca Chili
- Porotos Granados (Chilean Bean Stew)
- Carrot Patties (Vegetarian Crab Cakes)
- Chicken Curry
- Warm Heart Stew
- Chicken Queso Soup
- Beans on Toast
I currently have nine types of beans in my pantry: garbanzo/chickpeas, black beans, red beans. pinto beans, lima beans, navy beans, black-eyed peas, dried peas, great northern beans. I also have cans of pork & beans, beanie weenies, vegetarian baked beans, and beans in chili sauce. And a big jar of Bean-O. Just to be safe.
- It’s time to share my love affair with the musical fruit (ashleeeats.com)
- Sunday Spread: The Musical Fruit (wifandhub.com)
- Cooking Fun – Beans (comfycook.wordpress.com)
- Meatless Monday: Mark Bittman’s Vegetarian Recipes (blisstree.com)
- How to Cook Dried Beans in a Crockpot Slow Cooker (kalynskitchen.blogspot.com)
- How to Make Three Bean Casserole (Super Easy Recipe) (notecook.com)