Hillcreek Yarn Shoppe and Plymouth Yarn Company have teamed together to aid the victims of the tornado in Joplin. Plymouth has provided several free patterns to use with their Encore Yarns to create garments to send to them.
Please find below the rules and a view of some of the patterns below. You do not have to use these patterns to participate.
Karen and the HYS Staff
Rules for Participation
- Free patterns available at the shop or by visiting our website and clicking on events.
- Other patterns may be used.
- Garments may be knitted or crocheted. We would like gloves, mittens, scarves, hats, slippers, and socks.
- Donations are being sent to the Joplin schools. The articles can be created in any color that you want. The school colors are burgundy, navy, and silver or grey. The colors can be viewed by Clicking here
- NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE
- Tuesday will be designated as “Stitching for Joplin Day”. You can drop off your donations on that day and also join us to knit together between 3 and 7pm each Tuesday. Please come and share. Snacks are welcome!
- Donations will be sent monthly to Joplin starting September 1 until the school informs us the need has been met.
- Drop by or call shop 573-449-5648Your name will be written on your donation card and will be kept in a file at the shop. Each donation you make will be written on the card along with the value.
- Please keep the receipt for any yarns purchased from HYS after today’s date for use in these projects.
- IF completed garments are turned in using yarns purchased from HYS after 08/08/11 and you possess the receipt, you will receive a 10% coupon to use on a future purchase.
- The 10% discount coupon may be used to purchase more yarn to create additional garments for donation. Additional coupons will be awarded if these projects are donated and the receipt is presented.
- ONLY ONE COUPON WILL BE GIVEN PER RECEIPT
I Am Contacting Newspapers And Tv Stations In The Area. If You Have Any Ideas For Promotion Or Can Help Me With This Please Call My Cell Phone 573-489-0899 Or Email Me At Karen.Cox@Hillcreekyarnshoppe.Net.
Please Forward This Information To Anyone Or Organization You Like.
All Of Us At Hys Know That All Of You Will Help Us To Make Our Effort Worthwhile. The Group Of Fellow Stitchers Are Giving People. We Believe That Your Donations Will Be Put To Good Use.
Thank You In Advance.