From Marla Bond
- 1/2 Ham or 2 nice size ham steaks cut in chunks
- 1-pound white beans
- 3 carotts sliced diagonally
- 3 onions chopped
- 3 stalks cellery sliced diagonally
- 1 small can tomatoes (16 oz.)
- Rinse beans. Put beans in a 5 quart pot and cover beans with water 3 inches above beans. Let soak overnight.
- Rinse beans and cover once again with water 3 inches above beans.
- Add ham to beans and cook for 2 hours.
- Add carrots, onions, celery and tomatoes.
- Cook for one hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Frijoles (Beans) – Recipe (stevishabitat.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Pasta e Fagioli – Recipe (nytimes.com)
- Monique: Black beans and rice – Frijoles Negros – Black Beans – Vegetarian Black Beans Recipe – Vegan Black Beans – Easy Mexican Recipe (vegetarian.about.com)
- Recipe Re-post: how to make some mean beans (igoyougoblog.com)
- Recipe: Kahlua Baked Beans (seattletimes.nwsource.com)