Today’s prompt for National Migraine Awareness month: Migraine Awareness Month #4: “June Is Bustin’ Out All Over!” What’s the best tip you can offer others for having some summer fun despite Migraines?
Well, that’s a tough one. Heat and sunshine are challenges for me. I just have to really listen to my body, and not push myself beyond my limits – which unfortunately are often way below the limits of my friends and family.
- Hats, sunglasses, light breathable clothing are a must.
- Stay in the shade when that’s an option.
- Drink plenty of water, and avoid beverages that aren’t water.
- Take frequent breaks if you’re playing sports or doing yard work.
- Head for the A/C or shade when you need to – don’t wait until it’s too late.
- Get cool water on your skin if you start to feel too warm. A damp cloth on your neck can help, holding a cool drink, dipping your feet in a cool pool can all lower your body temperature.
- Remember to eat regularly, and try to keep your sleep schedule regular. Late nights and odd mealtimes can really mess you up.
National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger’s Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com
- Summer Fun Despite Migraines: Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- My Worst Migraine Trigger: MIgraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- Let’s Discuss Migraine Disease Over Tea: MIgraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- My First Migraine: MIgraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- 2012 Migraine Awareness Month Chats, Blog Prompts, Giveaways & Much More! #NMAM (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)