Today’s prompt for National Migraine Awareness month: Migraine Awareness Month #5: Do That To Me One More Time. What comfort measure do you find helps you enough during a Migraine that you go back to it again and again, and how do you use it?
I have a stash of ready-to-go gel icepacks in the freezer. I have an awesome crochet cover that I use as a soft comfy barrier between the chilly plastic and my skin.
I usually retreat to my bedroom, where the room darkening curtains are a relief. The hum of the ceiling fan provides enough white noise to drown out any painful noises.
Because getting comfortable enough to sleep is always a challenge, I have an arsenal of pillows of various sizes to adjust my position. And I’ll admit it, even at 31 years old, I have a stuffed animal that I cling to in those worst moments – and my husband doesn’t even tease.
If I can get hubby to gently massage my scalp or rub my back, it usually feels good for awhile, then I’m ready to try to sleep it off.
I also have a stash of nausea-friendly foods to help pick me up when it’s over. Vanilla wafers can be a lifesaver!
National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger’s Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com
- Summer Fun Despite Migraines: Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- My Worst Migraine Trigger: MIgraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- Let’s Discuss Migraine Disease Over Tea: MIgraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- Migraine Awareness Month #2: Tea For Two (puttingourheadstogether.com)
- Migraine Awareness Month #1: My First for the First (puttingourheadstogether.com)