Today’s prompt for National Migraine Awareness month: Migraine Awareness Month #6: Name That Tune! Choose a theme song for Migraine disease or your headache disorder. See if you can find a YouTube video of it for your blog post.
At first I was just going to skip this day’s blog challenge. A theme song for migraines? Cheesy. Pointless. But then I remembered a post I wrote before about a challenging migraine day. It included a song. Which I’ll go ahead an call my migraine anthem.
However, I don’t recommend listening to it during a migraine. Nor do I recommend all the drinking described in the song – likely to bring on a migraine, or at least a doozy of a hangover.
But the chorus, which I’m sure you all know, is pretty inspiring for those days when you feel like your health is pummeling you into submission. Don’t give in. If you get knocked down, get up again!
From my previous post…
This is what I’m preaching to my body today, reminding it that I’m not going to be defeated…
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” – 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)
Or as the Contemporary English Version (CEV) says:
We often suffer, but we are never crushed. Even when we don’t know what to do, we never give up. In times of trouble, God is with us, and when we are knocked down, we get up again.
Which only makes me think of…
National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger’s Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com
- Migraine Awareness Month Blog Challenge #5 – Do That To Me One More Time (stevishabitat.wordpress.com)
- Migraine Awareness Month Blog Challenge #4 – June Is Bustin’ Out All Over! (stevishabitat.wordpress.com)
- My Worst Migraine Trigger: MIgraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- Migraine Awareness Month Blog Challenge #1 – “Your First for the First” (stevishabitat.wordpress.com)
- Migraine Awareness Month Blog Challenge #3 – Just Shoot Me Now! (stevishabitat.wordpress.com)
- Summer Fun Despite Migraines: Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- Let’s Discuss Migraine Disease Over Tea: MIgraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- Migraine Awareness Month #5: “Do That To Me One More Time.” (puttingourheadstogether.com)
- Migraine Awareness Month Patient Migraine Chat #1: Wednesday, June 6 (somebodyhealme.dianalee.net)
- Migraine Awareness Month #4 “June Is Bustin’ Out All Over!” (puttingourheadstogether.com)